Monday, September 15, 2008

Pawley's Island Wildlife - Part 1

Pawley's Island, SC teems with wildlife. Beyond our door at Snug Harbor 1, plenty of it beckoned.

On the north end of the island, sandpipers combed the beach for tasty tidbits.

On the screen of our porch, a preying mantis looked for...well...prey.

And then there was Motte, my sister's dog. Technically, he's not wildlife. But he does have a wild side. And he certainly knows how to scavenge.

Personally, I think they were all looking for this --- Elaine's Mile High Pawley's Island Apple Pie. (For a virtual review of this 8th wonder of the world, go here.)

One slice of that pie and life gets wild, I can assure you. But did any of the above leave this signature in the sand?

A lot of potters were at Pawleys this week - Elaine, Susan Meadows, Kit Mitra, me. So maybe those marks were our sketches for future work?

Or maybe they were left for inspiration?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you are a tease!!! I know about those marks... so I'll tease along with you.