Saturday, November 24, 2007

It's a Gas, Gas, Gas

They're loading the gas kiln again tomorrow, perhaps for the last time this year. Two yunomi with Ginko leaf impressions didn't make the last firing. Neither did the Chinese Yellow Horse (Lascaux image) I did months ago when I first began experimenting with the parietal art theme. They'll all get their chance at metamorphosis this go 'round.

I spent a few hours at Clayworks today, getting a few other items ready to face the fire. More candle plates for Christmas gifts...a surprise or two...and the two cave art pinch pots I posted a pic of previously.



These guys made it through the bisque stage with no mishaps. So today I dressed them up with glaze. I tried two different ideas, doing a good bit more than I did on the thrown yunomi. I'm wondering tonight if I overdid it. But that question will remain unanswered until the kiln is unloaded, hopefully this week. Whatever the result, those two pinch pots sure look a mite different once the glaze is applied.



All in all, I have 9 pieces on the shelves, ready for reduction.



I'll post pix of the finished results once they come out of the kiln. IF they look decent, that is. :)

No comments: