My bird pinch pot is ready to jump into the fire.

So are the pinch pots with a different kind of beak.

And then there's this flock of five. I usually barrel fire my birds. But this bunch (Zella clay body instead of porcelain) was intended for reduction.

And then there's Spanky #1. My heart is wrapped up in this one. Truly, he's nothing more than a big old 14" test tile. But I'm really pulling for him. The only glaze on him is a smidge of yanagahara on his chest. Everything else is slip and rutile wash.

They all jump into the fire tomorrow. Come Monday, they'll emerge. Until then, that Harry Nilsson song will be bouncing around in my brain...Jump!
6 comments:
"You can climb a mountain
You can swim the sea
You can jump into the fire
But you'll never be free
You can shake me up
Or I can break you down
Whoa-o-o-o-, whoa-o-o-o-
We can make each other happy (4X)
(Repeat entire 3 times more)
You can jump into the fire (4X)"
Since the lyrics are so sparse, I couldn't resist quoting the whole song. :^) Harry was always one of my favorite artists and he left us WAY too early.
Can't wait to see all your critters on the other side of the kiln.
these are gorgeous! I can't wait to see the tumber that looks mackenzie-like. the bird picture would be beautiful in a frame.
stopped by the studio yesterday and it is way too quiet there. am so ready for it not to be that way. I learned too, that the gas kiln firing was delayed; not enough stuff. interested in going next Saturday to the mint museum? check out my blog for more.
Come on Spanky!
I've been a total slug replying to comments lately. I'm sorry y'all.
John - Isn't that amazing? Six minutes + and that's all you ned for lyrics. (I must be doing something wrong.)
Amy - Welcome home & thanks for your always kind words. Would love to go Saturday but will be getting ready to go to Pawleys island for a week (assuming Hanna doesn't come ashore there) Will see you soon!
Doug - They've had to delay the firing until they can fill the gas kiln. So ,patiently, Spanky "sits." (Good dog.) However he appreciates the encouragement & so do I.
ha ha :)
Hey You've been 'tagged'. Read about it here
http://pottersjournal.blogspot.com/2008/09/ive-been-tagged.html
Hope you'll play along. Your pal, Ron
Post a Comment