Elaine's first cat. (She made 4!)

Linda's feline....

...and her mule.

Pigs were a popular subject. Here's Mike's.

And here's June's (with her tortoise in the background).

Pam's rhino fairly commanded admiring glances from visitors to the studio.

As did Sunny's goat. I absolutely love this gal and can't wait to see if Sunny chooses to raku it or smoke it.

Jacob made a dog and this interesting creature. (Gotta love those TP supports!)

There were also lizards, horses, frogs and several types of dogs. And these are just the standing sculptures. Susan Halls also did demos of sitting and reclining forms. Most of those are still in the bisque kilns so no pix of them in this post.
I had to leave Penland over the weekend so I don't have as many pieces of work as most of the other students. But I learned a HUGE amount from the pieces I did make. Here's Brutus (the dog) and P. Doggie (the prairie dog).

P. Doggie is now in the salt kiln...which I'd best go check on now. More animals to come as we spend the next two days rakuing and sawdust smoking!
5 comments:
Yowee, that looks like so much fun, the sculptures are wonderful can't wait to see the results. Love the goat, well they are all wonderful. Looking forward to hearing about the smoke firing, hope you give details.
Becky! Holy smokes, what a great class! You have made leaps and bounds. I can't wait to see what comes next.
Linda, this has been the most amazing experience for me. I'm learning so so much. We've had amazing results so far with today's firing. I must admit, I'm biased. The raku pieces are not bad. But the smoked pieces just rock my world. More to come!
Hi Ron!!! Thanks for the pic you sent me. It meant a lot! Can't wait to hear about your travels across the pond! I smoked Brutus today and couldn't be more pleased. He has a few touch-up areas. But I've learned exactly what I hoped to learn here.
The salt kiln will be interesting. It's a test kiln and, I'm told, quite finicky. But we're all certain that our firing will be "legendary". ;)
how exciting, Becky. Hope to hear stories soon. peace~
Post a Comment