Monday, November 17, 2008

Gifts From Across the Sea

A package arrived at Concentrix today. That's not unusual. Boxes arrive all the time at our studio. UPS. FedEx. USPS Priority Mail. They're almost always for our composers or our sound designer. They're usually filled with software or production supplies. But not today. Today one came for me.

My first thought when the postman handed the box to me was "Oh...did I order checks?" But then I noticed this...

Then, on the back of the box, I noticed this...

And that's when I did the "Happy Dance"... all the way down the breezeway to Fred's studio where he took a few pix to document my delight. Ahhh, anticipation!

Like a kid at Christmas, I tore away the bubble wrap, chuckling at the Whiskas box I found. (Ha! Those kitties of yours are dining well, Mr. Fitch!) Inside was a most wonderful mug...

And there was another, unexpected gift. A Love Daddies CD!

I spent the rest of my work day sipping coffee from Doug's lovely mug. And later, at Clayworks, I glazed some cave art pieces while listening to the Love Daddies CD. (Doug, you & the Daddies had us hoppin'!)
So tomorrow more packages will arrive at Concentrix. But none will be quite so fine as the one I received today.

10 comments:

jbf said...

COOL! I can imagine you "happy dancing" all around. I guess you were sipping 'international coffee'... (groan) Please bring them both back to the studio sometime.

doug Fitch said...

Ha ha, at last. Ang, watch your letterbox

Amy said...

the mug is gorgeous! wow... i'd like to see it sometime at the studio. will you bring it by? see you tonight...

Ron said...

What a nice mug!

Becky said...

John, I'll definitely bring the mug with me to the studio. But it won't be filled with International Coffee (wasn't that stuff from General Mills?)

Becky said...

Doug, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! The mug is a beauty! And we loved listening to the Love Daddies while we were glazing last night! You made my day!

Becky said...

Amy, I'll have it with me tonight for sure. it's gonna be frightfully chilly loading the gas kiln in that garage. Will need plenty of hot coffee to keep warm. :) See you soon!

Becky said...

Ron, you know I'm all smiles. :) I'll post a pic of the mug, up close and personal soon.

Big Al said...

Awesome! What is it with packages that excite us. We all become child-like when we get a package. Ahh, the excitment is so much fun. Thanks for sharing.

ang design said...

who's a lucky girl then??? sweeeet.. i wait with eager anticipation doug man..